Aloe vera plants produce a variety of substances with antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and antioxidant properties; earning it a spot in the pantheon of superfoods and super herbs alongside companions such as echinacea, garlic, turmeric and ginger. If you intend to take Aloe vera orally, always choose an organic product or grow your own.
The plant provides high amounts of vitamins and minerals. Regular consumption of Aloe vera juice supplies the eight essential amino acids not made by the body plus a wide range of enzymes.
· Legendary healing properties repair skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and rosacea
· Apply to cuts, sores, boils and other skin infections to take advantage of its antibacterial healing properties
· Rub the inner sides of a cut leaf on skin for a biodegradable shower scrub
· Exfoliate dry skin by mixing two TBS each Aloe vera gel and organic brown sugar with two tsp. lemon juice
· For a more vigorous scrub, mix one cup each of Aloe gel and coconut oil with two cups sea salt and two TBS raw honey
· Mix equal parts of Aloe gel with lemon juice to decrease freckles, dark spots and brighten skin
· Apply straight Aloe vera gel to skin to eliminate warts, reduce age lines, remove scars and stretch marks
· Moisturize skin and remove eye makeup with Aloe gel
· Relieve itching from allergies and rashes; soothe burns, poison ivy, and blisters
· Heal herpes orally and genitally; relieve athlete’s foot and topical yeast infections
· Exfoliate feet, knees and elbows with a mixture of 1/2 cup each oatmeal and organic corn meal, four TBS Aloe vera gel, and 1/2 cup coconut oil
· Make a kitchen mixture to treat minor burns by mixing 1/4 cup each Aloe vera gel and non-alcoholic liquid Calendula with a few drops of vitamin E oil. Store in an airtight jar in the cupboard.
· Stimulate hair growth by applying Aloe gel to scalp after washing. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse.
· Tame frizzy hair by rinsing after shampooing with aloe juice
· Replace shaving cream and use Aloe vera gel; soothe razor burn
· Drink Aloe juice to relieve indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux, bloating, flatulence, peptic ulcers and constipation
· Apply externally and drink juice to relieve hemorrhoids
· Soothe IBS, colitis, and other ailments of the colon
· Eliminate UTI and prostate problems by drinking aloe vera
· Use as a personal lubricant; it’s pH balanced and condom-safe
· Add to your douche for vaginal irritations and yeast infections
· Aloe reduces inflammation throughout the body, especially in the joints and muscles, and restores tissue to its original state
· Stabilizes blood sugar; reduces triglycerides
· Relieves diabetic and peripheral neuropathy
· Swish and gargle to promote healthy gums and mouth
· Add aloe leaves to hot water and boil, inhaling steam to relieve chest congestion, asthma, and sinus problems
· Aloe acts to protect the body’s immune system, destroying bacteria and slowing down the aging process
· Helps activate white blood cells and promotes the growth of healthy, non-cancerous cells in cancer patients
· Oxygenates the blood and promotes healthy circulatory system, strengthening the heart
· Drinking aloe juice is an excellent general detoxifier for the entire system that helps establish a healthy, alkaline pH